The Swedish Chemicals Agency is a unitary agency, which means that the Director-General is the person responsible for reporting on the Agency´s operations to the Government.
In addition to the Director-General, the Government has appointed a Monitoring Board, which satisfies the need for democratic, public control and influence.
The role of the Monitoring Board is to check the activities of the Agency and to advise the Director-General. The Director-General is the Chair of the Board and responsible for providing information about the Agency´s operations.
Members of the Monitoring Board
The Swedish Government has appointed the following persons to be members of the Swedish Chemicals Agency´s Monitoring Board from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2016:
- Nina Cromnier, Swedish Chemicals Agency, Chair
- Magnus Huss, IKEM - Innovation and Chemical Industries in Sweden
- Jan Eksvärd, Federation of Swedish Farmers
- Olof Holmer, Swedish Cosmetic, Toiletry and Household Products Suppliers Association (KTF)
- Mikael Karlsson, Swedish Society for Nature Conservation
- Ann-Sofie Eriksson, Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions
- Christina Rudén, Stockholm University
- Ann Enander, National Defence College
- Örjan Brinkman, The Swedish Consumers´ Association
- Kerstin Lindvall, ICA Sweden