Action plan for a toxi...
Action plan for a toxin-free everyday environment
The Swedish Chemicals Agency has been assigned to report on initiatives and costs to carry out the action plan for a toxin-free everyday environment. The assignment includes to:
- improve knowledge about risks to the rising generation;
- accelerate efforts regarding REACH: the number of dossiers on substances on the candidate list, restrictions and assessments of substances;
- reduce the risks connected with health-hazardous substances in food stuffs;
- contribute with improved information on chemicals in articles;
- support voluntary initiatives to substitution;
- increase enforcement activities on articles.
The action plan was presented on 31 March 2011 and the final report is to be presented no later than 31 December 2014.
See press release of the Swedish Ministry of the Environment.
Summary of the action plan in English.